Job Title: Breastfeeding Coordinator
Organize and promote the day-to-day activities of the WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program and the Breast Pump Program to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost-effective breastfeeding promotion and support services for WIC Program Participants. Perform nutrition assessments of WIC Program applicants; certify women and children based on nutritional risks; provide appropriate nutrition counsel and food packages according to WIC Program policy.
Required Skills, Education, & Experience:
- Train, supervise and manage the WIC Program Breastfeeding Peer Counselors including assigning, tracking, and monitoring their participant caseload.
- Oversee the Breast Pump program by assisting the Director in ordering breast feeding supplies, purchasing breast pumps, securely storing and maintaining inventory of breast pumps. Train WIC staff annually in assessing breast pump needs and issuance and assist in reviewing competency.
- Develop and expand the network of communication and cooperation with other WIC Program Breastfeeding Coordinators by attending Breastfeeding Task Force meetings, trainings, and coalition meetings. Participate in Center and outreach educational activities in the community and within the clinic, as assigned.
- Plan and initiate quality improvement activities in conjunction with the Director of Nutrition to assure efficiency, effectiveness, quality services and participant satisfaction.
- Keep abreast of new WIC Program policies and procedures and assist the Director of WIC/Nutrition in updating policies and procedures as needed.
- Ensure the timely submission of program documentation and electronic submission including breastfeeding reports in accordance with Agency and State standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition Required
- IBCLC/Advanced training in Lactation Management required
- Previous WIC & supervisory Experience Preferred
- Requires knowledge of general principles of public health & teaching/learning process and the ability to teach effectively to diverse groups
- Multi-lingual communication skills, particularly Spanish will be a plus
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of the health team
- Maintain a professional, problem solving approach
- Will adhere to policies and procedures, confidentiality and HIPPA
- Extensive computer knowledge
- Any other duties as assigned
- Candidates must own a dependable and properly insured automobile during work hours and possess a valid driver’s license
- Drug Free Environment & Drug Screening Required and Background Check
*** Please Note: Position is contingent upon continued grant funding
Interested and qualified applicants can e-mail their resume to email@example.com or fax it to East Side Health District at 618-874-4737.
East Side Health District
Bhagya Kolli, Division Director,
638 N 20th Street,
East St. Louis, IL 62205
Copyright © 1937-2022 - East Side Health District - All Rights Reserved