Job Title: WIC Clerk
- Assist in day to day operations of the WIC clinic.
- Determine eligibility of participants of the WIC program.
- Perform general clerical duties, issue coupons, answer telephone and make appointments.
- Follows up on no-show clients, prepares and sends participant correspondence, & appointment reminders.
- Greets participants of the WIC program with courtesy, and communicates to participants their rights and responsibilities and the use of WIC coupons.
- Works as a fill-in during the absence of other agency staff on an as needed basis.
- Participates in in-services and staff meetings, including external meetings and trainings as requested. This includes state mandated training sessions.
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have the ability to meet and communicate with public, both written and verbal form.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work efficiently.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct self in professional manner.
- Must have the ability to be flexible in various clinic situations.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as a member of the health team.
- Candidates must own a dependable and properly insured automobile during work hours and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Any duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Drug free environment and drug screening is required.
*** Please Note: Position is contingent upon continued grant funding
Apply between 09/09/2016 – 09/22/2016
Interested and qualified applicants can e-mail their resume to email@example.com or fax it to East Side Health District at 618-874-4737. Applications may also be submitted online and in person at:
East Side Health District
Bhagya Kolli, Division Director,
638 N 20th Street,
East St. Louis, IL 62205
Copyright © 1937-2021 - East Side Health District - All Rights Reserved